REGIOPLÁN Nitra is a private association of independent experts in the field of environment, established in 1991 in Nitra, Slovakia.
Company consists of 3-4 full-time experts and 5-10 external co-operators and it is dealing mainly with project-oriented research. Company has a broad
experience in project management – about 100 environmental projects on local, regional and national levels (mostly in Slovakia). Customers are e.g. state
departments, regional and local authorities, universities, business enterprises.
environmental studies and projects
- Environmental and ecological research - landscape-ecological plans and ecological network projects (about 30 projects for Slovak and Czech municipalities and regions), environmental research and evaluation for urban planning process,
- Land parceling projects - nature conservation and ecological networks projects, agriculture and forestry planning (since 2004 – about 40 cadastre areas in Slovakia),
- Sustainable development studies - National strategy of sustainable development for Slovakia (1999-2001), system of sustainable development indicators in Slovakia (2004-05) and Czech Republic (2001-03), Sustainable Development Index for 176 world countries (1998-2004),
- Environmental impact assessment - screening and scoping projects - more than 40 projects (road construction, water management, waste disposal, technical infrastructure, recreation, industry).
- Kozová, M., Chrenščová, V., Mederly, P., 2009: Sustainable Development – from Theory to Practice. Comenius University, Bratislava. 92 pp. (in Slovak),
- Petrovič, F., Izakovičová Z., Mederly, P., Moyzeová, M. 2007: Environmental Aspects of Sustainable Development. Constantine the Philosopher University, Nitra, 110 p. (in Slovak),
- Hudeková, Z., Mederly, P., 2005: Sustainable Urban Development in the Slovak Republic. Regional Environmental Center Slovakia, Ministry of Environment, 141 pp.,
- Mederly,P., Nováček, P., Topercer, J., 2005: Sustainable Development Index and Quality and Sustainability of Life Indicators. In: Glenn, J.C., Gordon, T.J, 2005: 2005 State of The Future. American Council for the UN University, Washington, D.C., 100 pp.,
- Hreško, J., Mederly, P., Petrovič, F., 2003: Landscape-Ecological Research with Support of GIS Tools in Preparation of Landscape-Ecological Plan. Ekológia (Bratislava), Vol. 22, Suppl. 2/2003, p. 195-212,
- Hreško, J., Mederly, P., Halada Ľ. et al., 2003: Landscape-Ecological Plan of Považská Bystrica Town. Constantine the Philosopher University, Nitra, 200 pp. (in Slovak),
- Nováček, P., Mederly, P., 2002: Global Partnership for Development. American Council for the UN University, CESES Praha, 106 pp.,
- Huba, M., Kozová, M., Mederly, P., 2002: Local Agenda 21 – Sustainable Development on the Local and Micro-regional Level in Slovakia. REC Slovensko, 101 pp. (in Slovak),
- Mederly, P. (ed.), 2001: Sustainable Development – Challenge for Slovakia. Regional Environmental Center Slovakia, Ministry of Environment, 127 pp. (in Slovak),
- Topercer, J., Halada, Ľ., Mederly, P., 2001: System of Ecological Quality of Landscape – a Background for Landscape Management. In: Geoecology and Environmental Sciences, Part II. Environmental Planning. Eds. J. Drdoš, E. Michaelli, University of Prešov, p. 100-114 (in Slovak).
- Halada Ľ., Topercer J., Mederly P., Kartusek V., 1995: System of Ecological Quality of Landscape – Another Approach to Landscape Management. Životné prostredie 29, 5: 271-273 (in Slovak).