RNDr. Ľuboš Halada, PhD.
Educated in nature protection (Comenius University Bratislava, 1985), PhD. in ecology (1998). Work in the Institute of Landscape Ecology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences since 1988 in different positions, currently as deputy director. Research in the field of landscape ecology, especially plant ecology, nature conservation, grassland research, biodiversity of agricultural landscape and mountain ecosystem research. Participation in more than 40 landscape-ecological projects. Principal expert of the project „Phare Topic Link on Nature Conservation“ (European Environmental Agency, 1998-2000), expert of the European Topic Centre on Biological Diversity (since 2001), member of external monitoring team of the LIFE Programme (since 2005). Participation in the 5-7th Framework Programme projects BIOSCENE, BIOPRESS, EVALUWET, BIOHAB, BIOFORUM, POINT, ALTER-Net, EBONE in position of team member or leader of the Slovak team. Participation - usually as leader of the Slovak team - in other international projects funded by different organisations, e.g. DG Environment, National Science Foundation (USA), NASA Land Cover/Land Use Programme. Leader of several projects of the Slovak Grant agency VEGA, focused mostly to ecology of agricultural landscape. Involved to the Long-Term Ecological Research where he is the national coordinator of the Slovak network. He works actively in the network Science for Carpathians, since 2012 as chair of its Scientific Steering Committee. Awarded by UNESCO MaB Young Scientists Award (1999), memorial tablets of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (2011) and Slovak Ecological Society (2012).
Since 1991 work in private consultancy Regioplan Nitra: biotic aspects of landscape, environmental impact assessment, ecological networks.
- Halada, Ľ., Evans, D., Romaõ, C. Petersen, J.E., 2011: Which habitats of European Importance depend on agricultural practices? – Biodiversity and Conservation 20: 2365-2378
- Halada, Ľ., Ružičková, H., David, S., Halabuk, A. 2008: Semi-natural grasslands under impact of changing land use during last 30 years: Trollio-Cirsietum community in the Liptov region (N Slovakia). – Community Ecology 9 (Suppl.): 115-123
- Halada, Ľ., Erdelská, O., 2005: Reproductive biology of Ruscus hypoglossum L. in Slovakia. - Acta Biologica Cracoviensia series Botanica 47,1: 213–217
- Bezák, P., Halada, Ľ. (2010): Sustainable management recommendations to reduce the loss of agricultural biodiversity in the mountain regions of NE Slovakia. - Mountain Research and Development 30, 3: 192-204
- Bowman, W.D., Cleveland, C.C., Halada, Ľ., Hreško, J., Baron, J.S., 2008: Negative impact of nitrogen deposition on soil buffering capacity. – Nature Geoscience 1: 767-770
- Bunce, R. G. H., Metzger, M. J., Jongman, R. H. G., Brandt, J., de Blust, G., Elena Rossello, R., Groom, G. B., Halada, Ľ., Hofer, G., Howard, D. C., Kovář, P., Mücher, C.A., Padoa-Schioppa, E., Paelinx, D., Palo, A., Perez-Soba, M., Ramos, I.L., Roche, P., Skånes, H., Wrbka, T., 2008: A standardized procedure for surveillance and monitoring European habitats and provision of spatial data. – Landscape Ecology 23, 1: 11-25
- Gerard, F., Petit,S., Smith, G., Thomson, A., Brown, N., Manchester, S., Wadsworth, R., Bugar, G., Halada, L., Bezák, P., Boltiziar, M., De Badts, E., Halabuk, A., Mojses, M., Petrovic, F., Gregor, M., Hazeu, G., Mücher, C.A., Wachowicz, M., Huitu, H., Tuominen, S., Köhler, R., Olschofsky, K., Ziese, H., Kolar, J., Sustera, J., Luque, S., Pino, J., Pons, X., Roda, F., Roscher, M., Feranec, J., 2010: Land cover change in Europe between 1950 and 2000 determined employing aerial photography. – Progress in Physical Geography 34, 2: 183–205
- Kuemmerle, T., Perzanowski, K., Chaskovskyy, O., Ostapowicz, K., Halada, L., Bashta, A.T., Krumlov, I., Hostert, P., Walter, D.M., Radeloff, V.C., 2010: European Bizon habitat in the Carpathian Mountains. – Biological Conservation 143: 908-916
- Medvecká J., Kliment J., Májeková J., Halada Ľ., Zaliberová M., Gojdičová E., Feráková V. & Jarolímek I. (2012): Inventory of the alien flora of Slovakia. – Preslia 84: 257-309
- Ružičková, H., Halada, Ľ., 2005: Orchard meadows of Banská Štiavnica town (Central Slovakia). – Polish Botanical Studies 19: 211-218